This article describes the process of postponing an event to a new date and time.
If you would like to postpone an event to a new date, you can do this directly from your Smeetz for Business account. To do this, you must take cancellations and reimbursements of clients who are unable to attend into consideration.
You have the 2 following options when you postpone an event:
1. Change the date and keep selling tickets
To postpone an event and sell tickets for another date, please follow these steps:
- Change the date of the product/ticket to the new date under: products > select activity > tickets > date and time
- (optional) Make a list of people who are unable to attend. You have 2 options:
- To cancel and refund the tickets, please follow the steps in this article: https://knowledge.smeetz.com/en/cancel-booking
- If you want to allow people who are unable to attend the new date to use the amount on another event, you can cancel their tickets and offer them a voucher as refund.
- Attendee list > select the designated tickets > Actions > Refund as voucher > input percentage or actual value amount
- Contact us at email@example.com so that we can change the date of the tickets that have already been sold and resend them to the participants that can come to the new date.
The organiser can only change the dates of unsold tickets!
2. Cancel and refund all tickets to start a new sale
If you would like to postpone an event to the far future, you can cancel all the tickets, refund them and start a new sale by following these steps:
- Change the date of the activity to the new date under: Products > select activity > tickets > date and time
- Cancel and reimburse all the old date tickets: "Cancel a booking and reimburse your clients"
Be careful when indicating the amount of the reimbursement because you won't be able to modify it.