This article outlines the steps and processes to be taken when scanning tickets on the day of your event.
- Access the scanner
How to use the scanner
How to scan several tickets at once
How to check statistics on the scanner
- Tips if the scan is not recognized
- Tips to save your phone battery
- Connectivity and compatibility
- General recommendations before an event
1. Access the scanner
Please download the Smeetz App on your phone or scanner. See the following link for more information: https://knowledge.smeetz.com/en/install-app
- Once logged into the app
- Go to the 9 small squares next to your initials
- Click on Ticket scanner
- Select the product(s) of your choice
- You can select specific tickets (optional)
- The start date and time is automatically today, you probably do not need to change it, unless you want to scan tickets for another day
- if you continue to scan after midnight, shift the end date to the next day
- You are now ready to scan tickets
2. How to use the scanner
If you have a Zebra scanner it is more efficient to use the laser than the camera - please use the handler symbol on the top right of the scan (see pictures below).
- The scanner will open the camera, face it towards the QR code on the ticket
- Click on "scan and validate"
- Directly scan an other ticket or press anywhere on the screen to exit the validation view
- The result of the scan remains displayed until the next ticket is scanned
Here is an example of a valid scan: And here is an example of an invalid scan :
Warning! The scan of the QR code can be done in a very fast way, so a double scan of the QR code can happen without you noticing it. Your ticket will indicate that it is not valid.
However, you will notice that despite the red icon that indicates an invalid ticket, at the very bottom of the screen is the information "Scanned at xx:xx". This way you can immediately check if the ticket has just been scanned.
If it was a few seconds ago, your ticket is valid, it was just scanned twice in a row very quickly. No other manipulation or verification is necessary on your part.
3. How to scan several tickets at once
It is possible to scan all the tickets of a reservation in one scan.
- To do so, click on the settings in the top right corner > click on the person icon
- An icon with 2 people will appear.
- Once you have scanned one of the tickets, you will see a list of all the tickets contained in that reservation.
- If you want to scan ALL the tickets: all the tickets are checked by default, you just have to confirm.
- If one of the participants is missing: you just have to uncheck him/her from the list, he/she will then be able to have his/her ticket scanned individually once he/she arrives at the event.
4. How to check statistics on the scanner
- Press the graphic symbol as shown below:
- You will then find
- the number of tickets sold,
- the number of tickets scanned,
- and the attendance rate.
5. Tips if the scan is not recognized
- Please check the date of the ticket and the date in the scan filters
- Please check that the product is included in the scan filters
- Read the error message displayed by the scanner .
- If there is a symbol with a red circle and a white cross, it means that the ticket is invalid, this is due to a problem with the internet connection This symbol does not mean that the ticket is not valid but that the systems cannot communicate with each other.
- If there is a symbol (red circle) with people, then the scan is invalid.
- As mentioned above, if the mention "Already scanned" appears, you have to check the time of the scan
- Make sure that the paper is not wrinkled or that the screen showing the ticket has enough light.
- Check that you are connected to a wifi or 4G network, turn off the phone, and then turn it back on
- Re-login to your Smeetz organizer account and re-scan the ticket
6. Tips to save your phone battery
The ticket-checking process is very intensive in terms of battery consumption and a standard cell phone lasts between 2h and 2h30. Therefore, we recommend that you:
- Recharge your batteries as much as possible;
- Take portable backup batteries;
- Lower the screen brightness to the maximum;
- Quit other open applications;
- Lock your screen when you are not scanning
7. Connectivity and compatibility
In order to detect potential fraud, our web application requires regular connections to our server to determine if a ticket has already been scanned or not.
Therefore, your cell phone should have a stable WiFi connection or a good 3G/4G network.
iOS 12 ou +
- Safari: Yes (without light)
- Chrome: No
- Opéra: No
- Firefox: No
Android 9 +
- Chrome: Yes
- Opéra: Yes
- Firefox: Yes
8. General recommendations before an event
For easy access to the scanner, you may want to send all your staff members the following in advance.
- Your Smeetz for Business account ID and password
- or create new IDs for security personnel. Please refer to this article Adding and managing your team members
- Guide to installing Smeetz on your phone
It is possible to create 2 accounts
- Staff access: Scanner only.
- Organizer access: Possibility to manage the event.
We rent phones. Do not hesitate to contact us to get some
Before the event, it is better to test the scanner once. If a scanner freezes during the scanning process, simply reset the page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.