This article explains the process of bookings that need to be approved or denied by the organiser.
- Why create request-to-book tickets
- How to create request-to-book tickets
- How to approve or deny bookings
1. Why create request-to-book tickets
On your Smeetz for Business account you have the option to create tickets that need to be approved or denied once they have been booked. The client requests a booking slot and will only be charged once the booking has been confirmed by the organiser.
This type of ticket is beneficial for organisers who put a lot of emphasis on the management of participants. For example:
- if the maximum capacity for participants is limited,
- if the event is full and has a waiting list,
- if the event is only suitable for specific people,
- if the event can only take place during specific weather, etc.
2. How to create request-to-book tickets
In order to create a ticket, which will need to be confirmed by the organiser upon booking, please follow these steps:
- Create a product: Create > Product
- Create a ticket: Products > Select the product > Tickets > Create ticket > choose any desired ticket-type
- Select the confirmation option: Charge flow and confirmation > tick "Should be confirmed and charged upon my confirmation"
- Save and make the ticket ready available for sale: Activity details > Published > Ticketing status On
When creating the ticket, we recommend you to inform your clients that this booking will first need to be confirmed by you. You can leave this information in the ticket description (practical information). This might prevent some potential confusion form the clients.
3. How to approve or deny bookings
Once a client has booked a ticket, he/she will receive an email where it specifies that the booking statement is under pending confirmation. As the organiser, you will now have to confirm or deny the booking.
In order to do this, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the tab Orders > Pending orders
- Select the participants you would like to accept or decline by ticking the box in front of their order number. To select all participants at once, tick the box in the header.
- Select Actions and either choose Accept orders or Decline orders
Once you have accepted a booking, the participant and their booking will automatically appear in the attendee list. The client will receive a confirmation email with their ticket and QR-Code.
If you decline their order, they will also receive an email indicating that the order has not been accepted.