In this article, we will guide you with step-by-step instructions and practical advice that will help you with processing payments on the POS!
- Process a simple sale on the POS
- Cancel a sale
- Process a sale with multiple payment methods
- Process a sale with discounts
- Process a sale with promo codes
- Process a sale with a balance
- Sales order completed page
1. Process a simple sale on the POS
2. Cancel a sale
You can "Cancel an order" in progress at any time.
3. Process a sale with multiple payment methods
4. Process a sale with discounts
You can apply a promo code to orders on the POS. Use the "promo code" payment method when customers have a unique promo code, a gift card voucher or a membership.
- For example, insert a membership voucher code in the "Promocode" field and click "Apply."
- If the code is valid, it will be automatically applied and an indication of the amount of the discount used will appear next to this field.
- You can edit the code that you’ve just applied with another if you don’t wish to use the first one.
6. Process a sale with a balance
If you enable "Complete order with balance" in the POS settings, you can allow customers to make unpaid reservations or pay a deposit. In those cases, the full amount of the order will be paid later on.
- If the order is CHF 20 and the customer pays CHF 6 cash, select "Complete order with balance"
- Then, the popup message will show you that a balance of CHF 14 is due by this customer. Confirm or cancel the sale.
7. Sales order completed page
This page appears once the order and payment have been completed. It allows you to have a summary view of the total amount of the sale, the amount paid, and the change due to the customer.
From this page you can also:
- Edit the order
- Print the ticket and/or receipt
- Email the ticket and receipt
- Scan the ticket and receipt
- Download the tickets (all at once, or one by one)
To continue with another sale, click on "start new sale".