This article will give you a better understanding of the functionality of add-ons and will help you set them up on your Smeetz for Business account.
1. Description of add-ons and advantages
Cross-selling is a simple sales technique that offers complementary products, add-ons, to your existing products in order to offer a variety of choices to your customers and to increase your revenue.
You decide in advance and in total flexibility to which tickets you wish to add a cross-selling option so that your customers can enjoy a unique experience. For this reason, add-ons should be chosen carefully according to the behaviour of the customers. During the booking process, your clients will be able to select their tickets and then choose the add-on of their choice.
What are the advantages?
- An increase in the average basket of your customers, which can generate additional revenue.
- The possibility to create flexible packages of experiences.
- An increase in customer satisfaction thanks to the creation of packages and offers in association with quality partners.
- The simplification of the consumer experience with unique QR code tickets that can be scanned multiple times for all the activities available in the package.
- An increase in the visibility of your activities in the booking flow.
2. How to setup add-ons
There are 3 steps for setting up add-ons. Firstly, you need to have a base product that you want to add a cross-selling option to. Secondly, you need to setup add-ons, and thirdly you need to associate the add-ons to the base product.
1. Create the base product with its tickets
To start with, you need a base product, after which add-ons will be offered. If your base product does not exist yet, you need to create one. After creating the product, you must create tickets for it. For more information, please refer to this article.
2. Create add-ons tickets
An add-on is a ticket that you associate with a product/ticket group. You can either create additional tickets for each add-on, or reuse standard tickets. These tickets will not be visible to your customers if you remember to uncheck the online box.
"Products" > Select a product > "Tickets" > "Create a ticket"
To use a ticket as an add-on, you may choose between these 3 types of tickets:
Ticket with recurring dates: choose this option if your add-ons are recurring every day over a long period of time.
Ticket with a single date: choose this option if your add-ons are specifically recurring on a single date.
Gift card ticket: choose this option if you want to add add-ons in the form of gift cards or vouchers from you or one of your provider.
When you set up your Add-on ticket:
Please note that the name of the add-on is configured under the "price" tab.
You can therefore add the name of your add-on and a short description about your additional ticket. Please add the description below the price name section as shown in the image below:
Duplicate your basic product: this will save you time in creating your add-ons.
- Click on the "Product" tab menu > choose the product to duplicate
- Then click on "Options".
- Duplicate the product
- Rename the product name and choose what you want to copy like the picture below.
3. Configuration and association of add-ons to a product
At this stage, you need to return to your main product in order to proceed to the configuration process of the add-ons on the main tickets.
1. Products > click on the desired product > Tickets > choose the ticket, which will suggest an add-on > Add-ons
In this section, you have the option of:
- Limit the number of add-ons per ticket
- Require customers to fill in custom fields in order to obtain additional information
- Send add-ons on separate tickets in order to provide flexibility to your customers
2. Click on Add add-on
Here are the elements to be filled in to link an add-on to a ticket:
- Add-on ticket:
- Choose the product under which the add-on has been created
- Then the exact ticket of the add-on
- And his price
- Hide add-on and add to basket: If this option is checked, your customers will not see the add-on on the booking and the add-on will be automatically added to their basket.
- Mandatory add-on: is this add-on an obligatory supplement to attend your main activity?
- Min. add-on quantity per ticket
- Max. add-on quantity per ticket
(Example: An audio guide is needed to visit XYZ museum, you can set that each ticket requires no more and no less than one audio guide as an add-on.)
- Is the add-on included in the main ticket price?
- Customer displayed price
(Choose whether the add-on is set by default as hidden or displayed. If the add-on is defined as hidden, then it will automatically be added to the client’s order when the main ticket is purchased.)
- Availability of add-ons
- Limit the display of add-on on selected ticket prices (associate the add-ons to the main price)
- Limit the display of the add-ons before the date and time slot start time of the ticket bought
- Limit the display of the add-ons after the date and time slot start time of the ticket bought
More info about b.
You can choose to offer to your customers an add-on that starts before the main activity/ticket begins. You will be able to define whether the customer should be able to select as an add-on a ticket that starts no more than X days, Y hours and Z minutes before the start of the main activity/ticket.
Example 1: "A concert organiser can choose to offer a meal in a partner restaurant no more than 2 hours before the start of the activity."
More info about c.
In a similar way, you can choose to offer an add-on that starts after the main activity has started. You can display to your customers activities/tickets starting a maximum of X days, Y hours and Z minutes after the start of the main activity.
Example 2: "An excursion organiser can choose to offer a tasting no more than 2 hours after the start of the visit."
Display: more options are coming soon.
3. Cancel, modify price, availability, time & date of an add-on associated to a product
1. Cancellation of an add-on
Products > click on the desired product > Tickets > Select a ticket associated with an add-on you wish to cancel > Select Add-ons in the top horizontal list > click Remove add-on > Save.
2. Modifying an add-on
Products > click on the desired product > Tickets > Select a ticket associated with an add-on you wish to modify > Select Add-ons in the top horizontal list > click Edit add-on > you can now change the add-on's price and availability > you can now validate your new desired setting by clicking Save.
3. Modifying an add-on time & date on an existing order.
Orders > Attendee List > Click on the ticket code you wish to modify > Edit Order > you can now cancel the ticket and its add-ons add on and replace it with a new one whose time & date matches the new ticket.
You can copy, modify or delete your add-on at any time.
4. Display: Define the display priority of your add-ons
Priority: you can define the order of your adds-on in the booking flow
Step: soon online
Example of an online booking process with add-ons